An exclusive behind the scenes look at a typical day in the life of Mark Reckless, Member of Parliament for Rochester and Strood. A revealing video which highlights the vital work which MPs undertake on behalf of local children, residents and businesses in their constituency:
Tag Archives: Lower Thames Crossing
Mark Reckless, local MP for Rochester and Strood, is urging residents in Medway to make their views known as part of the government consultation on a proposed new road crossing on the Thames to help alleviate congestion at the Dartford-Thurrock crossing.
This consultation is designed to gather views on the preferred location for additional road-based river crossing capacity in the Lower Thames area.
Responses to this consultation will form part of the evidence base that government will use to make a decision on where to locate a new crossing.
The location options considered are:
- option A: at the site of the existing A282 Dartford-Thurrock crossing
- option B: connecting the A2 with the A1089
- option C: connecting the M2 with the A13 and the M25 between junctions 29 and 30
- option C variant: connecting the M2 with the A13 and the M25 between junctions 29 and 30, and additionally widening the A229 between the M2 and the M20
Speaking of the consultation, Mark said:
“I am pleased that the government is committed to tackling congestion in the North Kent area, particularly when so many of the residents and businesses in my constituency are so reliant on the existing Dartford crossing.
However, a number of concerns have been raised with me with regards to the possible impact which any new crossing may have on our local environment. While none of the final options presented appear to be quite as ecologically destructive as those bizarrely supported by the Medway Labour group, I would strongly urge all residents to make sure that their voices are heard by contributing to the consultation.”
You can find out more through the consultation page or by attending one of the following public information events being held next month in the Lower Thames area:
- Thursday 13 June, Dartford Library, Central Park, Dartford, Kent, DA1 1EU, from 2pm to 8pm
- Saturday 15 June, Grays Library, Orsett Road, Grays, Essex, RM17 5DX, from 10am to 5pm
- Monday 17 June, Chadwell Information Centre, Brentwood Road, Chadwell St Mary, Grays, Essex, RM16 4JP, from 2pm to 7pm
- Thursday 20 June, Bluewater (Thames Walk at the entrance to the plaza), Greenhithe, Kent, DA9 9ST, from 10am to 9pm
- Friday 21 June, Lakeside (level two near the customer service desk), West Thurrock Way, Grays, Essex, RM20 2ZP, from 10am to 10pm
- Saturday 22 June, Gravesend Library, Windmill Street, Gravesend, Kent, DA12 1BE, from 9am to 5pm
- Monday 24 June, Basildon District Council, Basildon Centre (reception), St Martin’s Square, Basildon, Essex. SS14 1DL, from 11am to 5pm
Please respond to the consultation by 16 July.